The Museum Connections Inspiration Board is responsible for accompanying the organizers in the creation of Museum Connections’ annual conference program.
Based on their years-long experience in the field of culture, tourism or innovation, the committee members identify the topics & future challenges.
Composed of 11 members it reflects the diversity of Museum Connections’ network.
A CULTURAL RESET?
In the Cultural World, the recent upheavals have accelerated concerns, thinking and trends of before. They have revelated the urge of more social equity, climate action and digital readiness. This unprecedented shock has made the world conscious that now more action is expected than ever. As they are seen as the most credible institutions in the world – like expressed by the G20 – cultural venues have a deep role and a tremendous responsibility.
A new model is emerging: a cultural venue that goes beyond its walls, that contributes to society more than ever and that tends to become a hybrid platform for multiple resources.
The cultural world is at the edge of a deep reset.
- How can cultural venues better prepare for the climate crisis and its societal consequences?
- How can cultural venues be actors of change and positive impact?
- What are the new levers for development?
RESET: SE TRANSFORMER / TRANSFORMATION
- From quantity to quality: how to redefine success?
- How to implement societal commitment?
- New skills for societal transformation
- From what we do to why we do it: how to express societal commitment?
- Protective, welcoming and caring: what will the museum of the future look like?
- Rethinking urban attractiveness models to achieve resilience and sustainability: what role for culture?
- The culture site as a good neighbour: how to attract and retain local audiences?
- How can prospective thinking help prepare for upcoming challenges?
RESET: S'ENGAGER / COMMITMENT
- Green advocacy: how can cultural venues raise awareness about environmental issues?
- Green development: fostering digital expansion while controlling the digital footprint
- Social impact: engaging with the 80+ community and dependent persons
- Innovative fundraising: new keys to development
- Beyond the Gift Shop: new places and partners for museum retail
- 5G, Internet of Senses and Metaverse: new technologies for visitor experience & audience development
All registered participant at Museum Connections can access for free to the Inspiration Conference.
To get more details about the program (schedule, speakers …), register to Museum Connections or if you have already registered, access to MyMuseumConnections.
Museum Connections speakers list includes:
AIM Jewish Museum, AMA, Centre des Monuments Nationaux, Centre Pompidou, Château de Versailles, Chinese Museum Association, Culture&Co, DCResearch, Diversion Cinema, Emissive, Europeana Foundation, Fondation Louis Vuitton, Futurium, Google Cultural Institute, Grand Palais-RMN, Institut du Monde Arabe, Interface handicap, Kaleidoscope VR, Le Journal des Arts, Louvre Lens, Magasins Généraux, Maison de la Vache Qui Rit, Manchester Art Gallery, Marshmallow Laser Feast, MK2+, MoMa, Musée d’Orsay, musée de Bretagne chez RENNES METROPOLE, Musée de la Libération de Paris – musée du général Leclerc – musée Jean Moulin, Musée National d’Histoires Naturelles de Paris, Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, National Gallery of London, National Museum of Contemporary Art of Athens, National Museum Wales, Natural History Museum, Palais de Tokyo, Paris Musées, Rijksmuseum, RMN-Grand Palais, Science Museum, Slovenská národná galéria, Sonovision, Sunny Side of the Doc, Swedish National Heritage Board, The Enemy, The Pinakotheken, The Seeking State, UN Live Museum, V&A, Vagina Museum, Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, Yunow, ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe (Germany) …