Your visitors badge gives you free access to all conferences
THE museum connections inspiration conferences are a serie of online zoom meetings, on registration. Registration will be opened 10 days before the conference.
In Search for New Cultural (Inter)Actions
Interaction through emotions or intelligence? New hybrids relationships are being shaped in museums
📅 May, 20th 2021
⏰ 11.00 am CET
In this first webinar, we will push the definition of interaction in museums to discover new forms of relationships between humans and machines. Emotional or intelligent, virtual or sensory, educational or playful, here collections are revamped to become agents of change and transformation.
- Facilitator: Stéphane Faudeux, Sonovision (France)
- Tony Guillan, Curator (Digital Arts/XR), Coventry City of Culture Trust (United Kingdom)
- Camilla Thomas, Executive Producer for Youth & Adult programmes, Imperial War Museum (United Kingdom)
- Dr. Johannes Bernhardt, Digital Manager, Baden State Museum (Germany)
Culture goes green
Get ready for the summer season : Innovative ways to encourage local tourism
July 1st, 2021
11.00 am CET
Now more than ever, connecting with those around us has become essential. Getting to know the neighbourhood around our cultural institution, understanding the profusion of identities and stories surrounding us, listening to our neighbours and designing common projects… these are the new perspectives to be considered in an age where tourism is becoming local, nature is just around the corner and care is a focus of the community.
- Julia Luczak-Rougeaux, TOM Travel (France)
- Marie Hobson, Audience Research & Insight Manager, Natural History Museum of London (United Kingdom)
- Cyrille Sciama, Director, Musée des Impressionnismes (France)
Culture facing crisis
2021: Re-Growth and Re-Imagination of Exhibitions
September 30th 2021
11.00 am CET
The world of exhibitions has been shaken by the major international crises we are going through, which have reduced the possibilities of travelling and visiting places of culture. Exhibitions have been cancelled, postponed, moved online, and rethought to an unprecedented extent around the world. Creativity and innovation invited local authorities and cultural actors to rethink the models of the temporary and travelling exhibition, with a strong challenge to the traditional blockbuster model. In this session, we will explore how exhibition models can be re-imagined by rethinking the shared exhibition in its human, natural and economic ecosystem – to profoundly change the industry as we know it.
- Manon Delaury, CEO and Founder, TEO Exhibitions (France)
- Loic Fel, Co-fondateur, Fondation COAL (France)
- Alistair Hudson, Director, Whitworth and Manchester Art Gallery (United Kingdom)
Sustainable Exhibiting: New Formats and Processes to Adopt
November 4th, 2021
11.00 am CET
Programming exhibitions or activities dealing with the climate, environment and biodiversity crisis is one thing, but embodying it in its practices is a whole other story. Being central to the activity of culture, exhibitions have a carbon footprint that can no longer be ignored. Today, more and more cultural players are working towards a circular economy of temporary exhibitions. To guide culture in this transition, alternatives are beginning to be listed and experimented with. We will see that the production of environmentally friendly exhibitions can be achieved through the evolution of formats, their duration or routes, the materials used, the adoption of certain labels or new practices.
- Marguerite Courtel, Les Augures (France) – Facilitator
- Céline Marchand, Head of International Affairs, Paris Musées (France)
- Julie Bertrand, Head of Exhibitions and Publications, Paris Musée (France)
- Milda Ivanauskienė, Director, MO Museum (Lithuania)
- Torkjell Leira, Senior Advisor, Climate House (Klimahuset), Natural History Museum of Oslo (Norway)
Access to the Museum Connections Conferences 2020 Podcast
Museum Connections speakers list includes:
AIM Jewish Museum, AMA, Centre des Monuments Nationaux, Centre Pompidou, Château de Versailles, Chinese Museum Association, Culture&Co, DCResearch, Diversion Cinema, Emissive, Europeana Foundation, Fondation Louis Vuitton, Futurium, Google Cultural Institute, Grand Palais-RMN, Institut du Monde Arabe, Interface handicap, Kaleidoscope VR, Le Journal des Arts, Louvre Lens, Magasins Généraux, Maison de la Vache Qui Rit, Manchester Art Gallery, Marshmallow Laser Feast, MK2+, MoMa, Musée d’Orsay, musée de Bretagne chez RENNES METROPOLE, Musée de la Libération de Paris – musée du général Leclerc – musée Jean Moulin, Musée National d’Histoires Naturelles de Paris, Museum für Naturkunde Berlin, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, National Gallery of London, National Museum of Contemporary Art of Athens, National Museum Wales, Natural History Museum, Palais de Tokyo, Paris Musées, Rijksmuseum, RMN-Grand Palais, Science Museum, Slovenská národná galéria, Sonovision, Sunny Side of the Doc, Swedish National Heritage Board, The Enemy, The Pinakotheken, The Seeking State, UN Live Museum, V&A, Vagina Museum, Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam, Yunow, ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe (Germany) …